Arizona/Nevada Director Job Description
About CEEP and the Director’s position:
Campus Election Engagement Project (CEEP) is seeking a full-time Director to lead outreach activities in the states of Arizona and Nevada around electoral engagement, primarily by building and maintaining partnerships with faculty, staff, administrators and students on college campuses.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to foster strong relationships and stay organized while working on long-term projects. They will be committed to developing new ideas and promoting established models of engagement, while handling various points of contact with administrators, faculty and students.
This position is an opportunity to partner with administrators and faculty, campus student leaders, and allied organizations to help engage Arizona and Nevada’s nearly 500,000 college students in elections. CEEP is a nonpartisan organization. Candidates need to be committed to nonpartisanship and to helping engage all students on the campuses they work with.
This is a remote, contracted position with an hourly wage. We’re looking for candidates located in the states of Arizona or Nevada.
The State Director reports to the Associate and National Directors and is responsible for the following:
- Build and expand our reach by engaging new stakeholders at existing partner campuses and developing partnerships with new institutions.
- Recruit, manage and coordinate campus contacts and potential student fellows.
- Become an expert in state voter registration, absentee and early voting rules and be able to train others on this information.
- Bear primary responsibility for your state and manage data collection of your institutions.
- Research and develop state materials, such as election calendars or vote plans.
- Develop and manage statewide relationships, including community and partnered organizations.
- Participate in weekly check-ins with the Associate Director.
- Complete internal projects and tasks.
- Stay self-organized, submitting reports and projects in a timely manner.
We’re seeking candidates who excel in relationship building, are results-oriented, and have strong project management and self-management skills. You should have:
- A bachelor’s degree
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Self-motivation, persistence, and ability to excel in a remote work environment.
- Experience managing multiple projects and ability to oversee recruitment, training and reporting results from volunteers, stipended student Fellows, and other partners.
- Knowledge of voter outreach practices and experience in campaign or higher education environments are both plusses but are not requirements.
Salary and Location:
This is a contract position reporting to CEEP’s National Director. Hourly fee based on experience; we do not currently offer benefits. This is an opportunity to work full-time from your location in Arizona or Nevada with a fantastic team of staff on the critical mission of getting students involved in democracy.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Daniel Schultz, email@example.com. CEEP is looking to fill this position no later than August 2019.